A Step by Step guide to renting a property
• The first step in finding your perfect property is knowing what you want. So the more we know about what you are looking for in a property the faster we can help you find it.
• To locate your ideal property you can browse through our vast selection online or simply come into the office and discuss your property requirement with one of our agents. We guarantee to do our utmost to ensure you find the property that best suits you.
• Once you have selected some prospective properties we can arrange for you to see them at your earliest convenience. Office hours are from 9.30am to 7.00pm Monday to Friday and 10.00am to 4.00pm Saturday. If these times are inconvenient to you, we do conduct viewings out of office hours in order to accommodate tenants.
• In addition our phone line is available 24 hours a day seven days a week.
• Once we have arranged the viewings for you, we can either meet you at the property or at the office. We will gladly provide transport for viewings and take tenants to and from properties. As well as accompany you throughout so that we are directly available to provide input and answer your questions were necessary.
• When you have selected your property, we require you to place a retainer or ‘holding fee’ of £100.00 for each tenant. This will secure the property for 7 working days. (Please note: should tenants change their mind and decide against renting a property once the retainer is paid it is non refundable.) The retainer you pay also makes up part of the deposit for the property and therefore it will be deducted from the total amount you have to pay.
• Once the reinter is paid you have 7 working days to pay the rest of the deposit and complete the necessary paperwork subject to the landlord’s acceptance.
• The paperwork we require will consist of a tenancy agreement (to be signed by tenant/s and the landlord), credit checks, guarantors and photo I.Ds. All information is strictly confidential and retained within the office, secured under the Data Protection Act.
• The deposit is a mandatory requirement for each tenant and every property. Once it is paid in full, the deposit is registered with TDS, the Tenancy Deposit scheme and held securely during the term of your tenancy. This will be returned at the end of the tenancy as long as there is no damage done to the property and there are no outstanding arrears.
• Before tenants can move into a property we do require that the first month’s rent payment is made in advance. To the date the contract commences.
• Once all of the above has been completed, on the date the tenancy starts you can collect your keys from either the landlord or office directly and begin your tenancy.
We are here to help
If you are in any doubt who to speak to, just contact us or call direct on 0121 472 6969
Useful Documents and Forms are below: